Wednesday, September 11, 2013

MASSIVE ACTION: I QUIT

The scariest part is over.  My last day at my company was 8/27/13 and I haven't looked back since.

Before my official last day, I had plenty of preconceived notions as to how I'd feel and what I'd be doing with the seemingly endless amount of time.  I thought I'd immediately confirm my passion and catapult into an new arena, ready to battle further to reach my purest authenticity.  

Since my first day as a free woman, reality struck hard when I met my challenges and fears in person.  They were no longer ideas or a distant understanding of what I thought they were and felt like. They are here now, and being immersed in these realities is more difficult than imagined.  

The tools that have brought me confidence that still exists through these difficult moments are minimalism, meditation, financial success (I'm debt free, saved enough money to keep the lights on and eat well for an extended period of time).  I know my money will no longer go to superfluous items or activities any longer and I now have to be accountable for the goal of this journey. I cannot fail.

I've told all of my closest friends, family members and acquaintances about my recent endeavors and they are watching. The worst thing someone can do is quit something that is important because it seems difficult.  Besides hurting yourself, you never know who your inspiring with your journey, so push forward! 

While my schedule is still filling, I've so far participated in the family time I've missed so much, along with various outings with long lost friends. While this all sounds fair and well, I will still need to locate activities to confirm my passions. Time with friends, family and random days when I'm just taking a walk in the park all serve as a great foundation to new realizations. The journey is not about brainstorming your days away!

Throughout these next few months, I will do the due diligence to discover my passions by volunteering, taking classes, asking questions, and researching my various curiousities which until now have alluded me. When I'm not doing these activities, I will be enjoying life.

Onward. March!






No comments:

Post a Comment